THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you to enable us to assess your suitability and eligibility for buying or selling property, property management services or for the provision of other services. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, address, telephone number, email, occupation and financial information.
When we request your personal information, we will endeavour to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You may choose not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
If you give us personal information about another person, you represent that you are authorized to do so and agree that you have obtained consent from that person for us to use and disclose their personal information and that they may access any personal information we hold about them.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to assist us in:
• Conducting our business;
• Completing a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, for example, in the completion of application forms;
• To communicate information about our products and services to you;
• For our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
• To update a Group Representative and/or third party referrer regarding the progress or success of any product sold to you by us for example, to calculate a commission or fee.
At any time, you may ask to stop receiving communication from us (other than as required for the operation of our business). If you wish to opt out of receiving communication from us please contact your Agent or our office.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to our employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our electronic systems is restricted through password protection. If we no longer need your personal information, we destroy or remove the identity information.
YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information. If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it.
Financial information becomes out of date very quickly and so we will update that information if it is required in any future dealings we may have with you.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or remove identifying information of your personal information, when your personal information is no longer required for our business functions.
We may disclose your personal information to carry out business activities and functions. We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we collected the personal information, such as:
• assisting you with the sale of a property;
• assisting a third party purchase your property;
• to assist you to locate a suitable property;
• for administrative purposes, such as data processing, printing or mailing;
• for other services that we offer that you may require.
If your personal information is disclosed to third parties, these third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose. We will only disclose to theses third parties that information necessary for them to perform their services. Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
If you require more information you can contact our office or Agent(s) with which you have dealings.